(93) وَمَن يَقْتُلْ مُؤْمِنًا مُّتَعَمِّدًا فَجَزَآؤُهُ جَهَنَّمُ خَالِدًا فِيهَا وَغَضِبَ اللّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَلَعَنَهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُ عَذَابًا عَظِيمًا
93. " And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell wherein shall be abide forever, and Allah's wrath shall be on him and He curses him and prepares for him a mighty punishment."
In hard circumstances of the Battle of 'Uhud, one of the Muslims killed another Muslim because of their personal hostilites from the Age of Ignorence. The holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was informed of it by the way of revelation. Then, when he was returning back from 'Uhud, at the region of Quba, he commanded for the retaliation of a believer's murder. He (p.b.u.h.) said that the murderer should be killed and he paid no attention to his regret. (Maghazi, Vol. 1, P. 304)
Islam has considered the life of a Muslim, and the protection of the security of the lives of people, very important. It has assigned an eternal retribution for it in order that slaying, and heavy crimes, be hindered. The expression which has been used for the wilful murder of a believer in this verse is not seen upon any other crimes.
In Islamic system, no authority is allowed to kill or hang others unreasonably.
Therefore, in Islam, in addition to the execution of retalition which is a worldy punishment, there are cited four other worldly serious penalties upon the murder of a wilful murder in the Hereafter.
1) Upon the recompense of such a murderer, the verse, says:
" And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell wherein shall be abide forever,..."
2) And such a person incurs Allah's wrath. It says:
3) And also, He repels him for His Grace.
4) And He has prepared a great chastizement for him.
Deliberate murder is one of the greatest crimes and the most dangerous sins which destroys entirely the security of the society, the most important condition of a safe and sound society, if it might not be controlled. Therefore, the Quran introduces the unreasonable murder of a person like slaying all the human kind in the world. So, if a person kills another human being without that the slain be a murderer or a mischief monger on the earth, it seems he has killed all human-kind.