(69) ثُمَّ كُلي مِنْ كُلِّ الثَّمَراتِ فَاسْلُكي سُبُلَ رَبِّكِ ذُلُلاً يَخْرُجُ مِنْ بُطُونِها شَرابٌ مُخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوانُهُ فيهِ شِفاءٌ لِلنَّاسِ إِنَّ في ذلِكَ لَآيَةً لِقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
69. " Then eat out of all the fruits, and pave the ways of your Lord sincerely. There comes forth out of their bellies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men. Verily in that is a sign for a people who reflect. "
There are two allusions made by Allah in this verse and in the previous verses to the two sources of vital drinks which are provided by animals: one is milk and the other one is honey. We have seen in the last two holy verses that man makes intoxicating substances or liquids out of fruits, while bees make honey from plants which is healing substance.
In the targeted significant and philosophical Divine system, negligence and idleness is a shunned extremely. Therefore, wherever in the Qur'an, there is reference made to eating, there is also stated a responsibility alongside that, among which are the following:
"... eat of the good things and do righteousness. " (Sura Al- Mu'mineen, No. 23, verse 51)
"... eat of them and feed the distressed one, the needy. " (Sura Al- Hajj, No. 22, verse 28)
"... eat of the good things We have provided you with, and be grateful to Allah, ... " (Sura Al- Baqarah, No. 2, verse 172)
"... eat of its fruit ... and do not act extravagantly, ..." (Sura Al- 'An'am, No. 6, verse 141)
In this verse, Allah commands the bees to eat, but that kind of eating which is coupled with a goal and a responsibility. Men of Allah are like bees. They shun low lands and select lofty high lands. They follow the Divine path in a humble manner by the help of Divine knowledge. Such people utter what is based on wisdom and spiritual flavors. The verse says:
1. Animal behavior is all predetermined according to the Divine command, which is instinctively performed by them.
2. Honey consists of the juice of all fruits. "Then eat out of all fruits, ..."
3. Not only the selection of residence and the food of animals are guided by the Divine Will, but also all their acts are something pre- determined by Him. "... and pave the ways of your Lord, ..."
4. The movement of animals and their direction is done alongside the path which Allah has set for them and it is a humble one.
5. The miracle of creation: There is a honey- producing factory within the belly of such a small animal, the bee. "... there comes forth out of their bellies, a drink of varying colours, ..."
6. Natural honey is in different colours. (The colours white, yellow, red. Perhaps such differences in colours are based on the differences of colours in flowers.)
7. There are various healing effects in honey by which many diseases may be cured. "... wherein is healing for men. ..." It goes without saying that honey is not a cure for all diseases. However, it has been mentioned in the form of indeterminate noun,/ ifa'un/.
8. House- building, mummification, and honey- producing alongside toxic- producing functions are being all done by such a small animal, like the bee. This reveals the sign of Allah's Might and Power.
9. All instructive lessons are only aimed and targeted for those who meditate, "... Verily in that is a sign for a people who reflect. ..." Otherwise, there are the bulk of individuals who utilize honey throughout their lifetime but are not predisposed to allocate even several minutes to thinking about it.
* * * *